Friday, August 12, 2016

There is an OPaL because of My Mom, Eileen O'Brien (Oct 1944 - July 2016)

My mom passed away a few weeks ago, on July 28, 2016. She used to call me her shadow. For the first ten years of my life, that's exactly what I was. Mom loved corn-on-the-cob, steamed crabs and tomato sandwiches; she was funny, supportive (in her own special way), uber loyal (that's where I get it) and was just a really good person. That simple, a really good person.

Every compliment or award I have ever received for our homes is rooted in my mom; I am her and with that our homes are too. Each OPaL home is created with a piece of my mom's positive energy, approachable manor and casual nature. 

Her legacy and memory live on in my children and even in each OPaL home. She was so proud of everything I touched: from showing horses as a kid to building homes as an adult.

If you like me or my homes, you would've loved my mom, Eileen O'Brien.

My mom raised several race horses. Here are my parents at the Hunt Cup.

Mom and Paddy, my son.

Mom 5th Grade.

Mom at 17.



Mom and Dad

One of mom's winners.

Mom, me and Dad.

1988 World Show, Tulsa, OK. Mom was so proud. I was so mad I was not in the top 10.


1 comment:

Sean Ruppert, Owner, OPaL, LLC said...

sometime, i still cant believe she isnt here anymore.