You know you need a shed when the pool toys are scattered around the patio and landscaping. My first call was to our favorite Colorado architect who designed our home. I just knew he would have clever, cute and petit ideas for a storage shed that would either blend with our home or be a contemporary divergent.
Our goals were easy::
- Design a small structure that leans contemporary; detached from our guest house and second garage
- Have the shed be simple in design and super easy and cheap to build
- We would like one, simple garage door that can be just thrown open and left open almost all summer. Garage door should be contemporary with translucent panels.
- Flooring should be simple decking material like Trex or the more affordable Azek
- Utilize a modern lattice and gate to hide the pool equipment between the guest house and new shed
- That's it. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!
Below are the sketches he came up with.
|This stuff's got to go somewhere out of my site. Though the water bazookas are way awesome!|
|Too much like the house itself.|
|Love this! Modern and still visually similar to the house.|
|Super cool and mod! But not my favorite.|